Please support the authors. Buy the original ebooks!
Human Resources in Healthcare: Managing for Success, Fourth Edition, presents the techniques and practices behind effective management of people—the healthcare profession’s most important asset. It provides the concepts and practical tools necessary for meeting the unique challenges in today’s healthcare environment.
This edition has been thoroughly revised and includes the following new content:
- An expanded chapter on employment law and employee relations
- A new chapter on credentialing of healthcare providers
- A thorough update on staff recruitment, selection, and retention practices
- An expanded section on performance management, including workplace bullying
- A new chapter on workforce planning in a rapidly changing healthcare system
- A new chapter on nurse staffing in healthcare organizations
- New problem-based learning cases to engage students and expand learning comprehension
- Updated short cases, discussion questions, and exercises throughout