Book DetailAuthor/Editor(s): Adrian Wallwork
Publication Date: March 8, 2016
Size: 1.43 MB
Book DescriptionGood presentation skills are key to a successful career in academia. This guide provides examples taken from real presentations given both by native and non-native academics covering a wide variety of disciplines.
The easy-to-follow guidelines and tips will teach you how to:
- plan, prepare and practice a well-organized, interesting presentation
- avoid errors in English by using short easy-to-say sentences
- improve your English pronunciation and intonation
- gain confidence, and overcome nerves and embarrassment
- highlight the essential points you want your audience to remember
- attract and retain audience attention
- deal with questions from the audience
This new edition contains several additional features, including stimulating factoids and discussion points both for self-study and in-class use. New chapters also cover:
- interacting successfully with non-native audiences
EAP teachers will find this book to be a great source of tips for training students, and for preparing both instructive and entertaining lessons.