Book DetailAuthor/Editor(s): Ewa Klodzinska
Publication Date: December 9, 2014
Publisher: Apple Academic Press
Size: 13.4 MB
Book DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive presentation of the concepts, properties, and applications of classical materials. It also provides the first unified treatment for the broad subject of classical materials. The authors use a fundamental approach to define the structure and properties of a wide range of solids on the basis of the local chemical bonding and atomic order present in the material. Emphasizing the physical and chemical origins of different material properties, this important volume focuses on the most technologically important materials being utilized and developed by scientists and engineers.
This new book:
- Provides a collection of chapters that highlight some important areas of current interest in polymer products and chemical processes
- Focuses on topics with more advanced methods
- Emphasizes precise mathematical development and actual experimental details
- Analyzes theories to formulate and prove the physicochemical principles
- Provides an up-to-date and thorough exposition of the present state of the art of complex materials
- Familiarizes the reader with new aspects of the techniques used in the examination of polymers, including chemical, physicochemical, and purely physical methods of examination
- Describes the types of techniques now available to the chemist and technician and discusses their capabilities, limitations, and applications
This book presents peer-reviewed chapters and survey articles on review, research, and development in the fields of classical materials. The wide coverage makes this book an excellent reference book for researchers and graduate students on the subject. The new topics covered in this book will be an excellent resource for industries and academic researchers as well.