Book DetailAuthor/Editor(s): Laura F. Salazar, Richard A. Crosby, Ralph J. DiClemente
Publication Date: March 9, 2015
Size: 4.64 MB
Book DescriptionA THOROUGHLY UPDATED EDITION OF THE BESTSELLING GUIDE TO HEALTH PROMOTION AND RESEARCH
Research Methods in Health Promotion provides students and practitioners with essential knowledge and skills regarding the design, implementation, analysis, and interpretation of research in the field of health promotion. This book presents an easy-to-follow, complete approach to research.
In this Second Edition, the authors have updated their popular text with new content and features that make Research Methods in Health Promotion more engaging, more relevant, and more comprehensive. Updates include:
- New chapters on community-based participatory research, large-scale surveys, and qualitative data analysis
- Recent examples and cases encompassing all levels of health promotion, from individual to structural
- New pictures, graphics, chapter previews, and definitions of key concepts to enhance the learning experience
- Renewed emphasis on global health promotion and the integration of public health with environmental health
- Expanded content related to new sampling methods, various types of triangulation, and cost-benefit analysis
Research Methods in Health Promotion presents information in a clear, readable way, keeping jargon to a minimum and encouraging readers to reinforce what they have learned by considering discussion and practice questions. The result is a demystification of research methods that anyone in the field of health promotion will find indispensable.
As a graduate student in public health, this book has been an incredible asset to my education.
--Sara K. Head, Amazon Customer Reviews