Book DetailAuthor/Editor(s): Michael J. Crawley
Publication Date: December 26, 2012
Size: 7.07 MB
Book DescriptionHugely successful and popular text presenting an extensive and comprehensive guide for all R users
The R language is recognized as one of the most powerful and flexible statistical software packages, enabling users to apply many statistical techniques that would be impossible without such software to help implement such large data sets. R has become an essential tool for understanding and carrying out research.
- Features full colour text and extensive graphics throughout.
- Introduces a clear structure with numbered section headings to help readers locate information more efficiently.
- Looks at the evolution of R over the past five years.
- Features a new chapter on Bayesian Analysis and Meta-Analysis.
- Presents a fully revised and updated bibliography and reference section.
- Is supported by an accompanying website allowing examples from the text to be run by the user.
The book is a valuable addition to the literature on the R environment and is packed with expert knowledge on using R for statistical computing tasks. The book is aimed at beginners and intermediate users seeking to learn skills for using R for statistical computing and data analysis applicable to disciplines ranging from science to economics and from medicine to engineering.
--Computing Reviews, 16 December 2013
Presents a fully revised and updated bibliography and reference section. Is supported by an accompanying website allowing examples from the text to be run by the user.
--Zentralblatt Math, 1 August 2013
Overall, The R Book (Second Edition) is a great guide to the vastly powerful and constantly evolving software that is R. It is very close to a complete reference-the coverage is excellent. For most users of R, having this book as guide will make life with R much easier, and learning to master it much faster.
--Nekkidblogger.com, 30 April 2013