Book DetailAuthor/Editor(s): Jeff Siarto
Publication Date: July 30, 2010
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Size: 16.0 MB
Book DescriptionWhether you’re promoting your business or writing about your travel adventures, Head First WordPress will teach you not only how to make your blog look unique and attention-grabbing, but also how to dig into the more complex features of WordPress 3.0 to make your website work well, too.
You’ll learn how to move beyond the standard WordPress look and feel by customizing your blog with your own URL, templates, plugin functionality, and more. As you learn, you’ll be working with real WordPress files: The book’s website provides pre-fab WordPress themes to download and work with as you follow along with the text.
- Gain immediate experience with WordPress 3.0, the June 2010 release of the software
- Get your site up and running by setting up a MySQL database and creating configuration files
- Work with the Wordpress platform to create posts and pages, learn the difference between tags and categories, edit content, moderate comments, and manage spam
- Explore how to extend Wordpress with plugins and templates
- Convert custom designs (in HTML and CSS) into functional themes and use them in WordPress
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First WordPress uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
There are a lot of WordPress books out there, but Head First WordPress once again proves that [this] series is the gold standard for smart, readable, easy-to-use reference guides for creative web users everywhere.
--Paul Andrews, Blogger, author, and journalist
This friendly book offers tips that I haven’t seen in other books, and features useful, real-world scenarios to help get you up to speed with the latest version of WordPress quickly.
--Jim Doran, Software engineer at Johns Hopkins University