Book DetailAuthor/Editor(s): David M. Levine, David F. Stephan
Publication Date: August 27, 2009
Publisher: FT Press
Size: 2.89 MB
Book DescriptionEven You Can Learn Statistics: A Guide for Everyone Who Has Ever Been Afraid of Statisticsis a practical, up-to-date introduction to statistics–for everyone! Thought you couldn’t learn statistics? You can–and you will! One easy step at a time, this fully updated book teaches you all the statistical techniques you’ll need for finance, quality, marketing, the social sciences, or anything else! Simple jargon-free explanations help you understand every technique. Practical examples and worked-out problems give you hands-on practice. Special sections present detailed instructions for developing statistical answers, using spreadsheet programs or any TI-83/TI-84 compatible calculator. This edition delivers new examples, more detailed problems and sample solutions, plus an all-new chapter on powerful multiple regression techniques.
Hate math? No sweat. You’ll be amazed at how little you need. Like math? Optional “Equation Blackboard” sections reveal the mathematical foundations of statistics right before your eyes!
You’ll learn how to:
- Construct and interpret statistical charts and tables with Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc 3
- Work with mean, median, mode, standard deviation, Z scores, skewness, and other descriptive statistics
- Use probability and probability distributions
- Work with sampling distributions and confidence intervals
- Test hypotheses with Z, t, chi-square, ANOVA, and other techniques
- Perform powerful regression analysis and modeling
- Use multiple regression to develop models that contain several independent variables
- Master specific statistical techniques for quality and Six Sigma programs
Download practice files, templates, data sets, and sample spreadsheet models–including ready-to-use solutions for your own work! www.ftpress.com/youcanlearnstatistics2e